Sunday, 27 October 2013

Getting married early? A trend, culture or religion-obligation?

    Until now, I couldn't remember and count how many of my friends that have gotten married recently. Even me also got so many wedding invitations here and there to be attended. Somehow, we have to believe to a well-said that is always being mentioned especially the elders. If there's a match written for us, he/she will be our match sooner or later. That's it. 

     Speaking about getting married, the most important thing that we always need and say it more and more is money. It's no doubt and no compulsively need to make a research or survey on a sample of groups discussing about this, because most all of them 100% will answer "Why I didn't get married yet? because my money is still not enough. Why I didn't get married yet? because my money is still not adequate. Why I didn't get married yet? because my financial is not too-vulnerable, not too-secured yet to get married" and so on and so on. Once again, no need to repeat that money is becoming our necessary lifeline to keep us alive. Furthermore when all the basic necessities are getting super-expensive and the cost of living is getting higher and higher time-after-time. I was like always wondering alone, if I feel like everything is not enough when I was single, how about when I've gotten married soon? I think not only myself, but many people at the outside also think this same question too.         

      Actually, I would like to relate that financial-dilemma with these some youngsters' phenomenon, who are in favor to get married early and cause it as a good deed to do. Getting married early is actually wiser to be done, for escaping from doing sinful-things, saving the lineage, being more matured and responsible at the young age and can get birth and could witness their children growing-up properly. Yes indeed, all these are the advantages of getting married early. But, how much far it's being-followed by them? as a trend, culture or religion-obligation? 

     Let's say if some of their parents are so affordable to support them to get married, I think it's going to be alright then and don't deny for it. Well, big possibility it can be happened to those who practice the elite or luxury lifestyle, and of course the financial-dilemma is not a big trouble for them. From foods, beverages, dowries, proposals, best-men, brides-maids and bridal dais are fully supported and there's nothing to be fretted about. It automatically reminds me with the youngest marriage ever that had been made by Mohd Syafiq, 16 and his 14-year-old wife Yana, who spectacularly unleashed throughout mainstream and alternative media last year although both of them were still schooling together. Indeed, getting married can be as one of the trend-setters, even I wasn't too-shocked anymore when those youngsters got married at this age.

This was a youngest marriage ever, happening last year that was shocking
all people around 


     Can it be as a culture? This is going to be absolutely yes, even most of parents did that. If not, I won't be grown-up now. If we look at it back, getting married early is actually started by our culture in a previous thousand years before, from a generation to another generation. In my opinion, their old-time life wasn't so bad if want to be compared with ours nowadays. Everything was cheaper and everybody was so affordable in getting necessities on that time. Their wage also wasn't higher, but they still can survive. The basic salary of RM1,500 that is hired for the fresh-graduates in today's world-career, obviously can be considered as enough for a whole family. The rental-payments, children's school and tuition fees, and groceries are exactly  adequate with that amount. But now? I bet you guys can guess it and don't get weird if some people today love to become 'spinsters' and don't want to get married early. Not because of they didn't have a lust, but because of money, money and money. See? Isn't it related ? 

     Last but not list, is getting married early being done because too obeying to religion or else? Precisely, This is going to be yes too for me, and no doubt, all those pious men and women are encouraged to do it if they have found their suitable match. Just like in the story of Aishah R.A, whom was one of Prophet's wives when she got married at age 9 (if I'm not mistaken) with him. Those religion-lovers are more encouraged to do reward (pahala) and not thinking too-much about lifestyle after getting married. For them, just be moderate comfortably without showing it off to others. This automatically reminds me once again to this one of Prophet Muhammad's wise-words which is "a wisest marriage comes from the cheapest dowry and easiest marriage". Not only that, it also reminds me of a story about a Prophet's friend who wants to get married and he has nothing at all as to be proposed as a dowry. Then, Prophet asked him what is the thing that he had for the dowry, and he answered he's only gotten a metal ring. Afterwards, Prophet said that would be nice and well-enough to be proposed as a dowry. Simple isn't it? 

     Somehow, when we officially are pronounced as a legal husband and wife, the responsibility will be much heavier than before. Nafqah, which to be internal and external side, is compulsory for us to pay it. And in the same time, I'm always listened if we have gotten married, our rezeki will be coming so much. Is that so ? Well perhaps only those who got married can answer it. Congratulations to all my friends who have done it and just wait for my turn. When? Maybe seven years from now? Just pray for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment